Notices
Closed Thread

Thread: My Budgie's "Vent"

1. #1 Question My Budgie's "Vent" 
    I have two budgies, one male one female. The other day i bought a budgie book and there was a diagram that labeled all of a budgie's body parts. Apparantly, the bdug's butt is called a vent.

So today, when i was playing with my budgies, i saw two huge, like HUGE pieces of poop stuck to the female budgie's "vent". So i wet a paper towel, and gently got the pieces of poop wet and gently pulled it off when it was soft. But after a while, i looked at that same budgie's "vent" and it appeared all open like and the feathers and belly above it is all fuffed out. So i looked at the other bdugie's "vent" and it seemed normal, all nicely covered and normal and no fuffed out belly.

Does anyone know whats wrong with my female budgie? Please tell me anything you might know. Thankyou

Blog Entries
    is the vent covered in a cladding of feces?

3. #3 Question My Budgie's Vent 
    Uh.....It used to be covered by poop, but I cleaned it out. What does "cladding" mean?

Blog Entries
    if it is cladding and the poo sticks to the vent it is normally a sign of a kidney complaint,wash the vent & smear a thin coat of vaseline over the area.

5. #5 Question My Budgie's Vent 
    SO i recently learned what egg binding is. And i seems like my hen budgie is really egg binding. It explains why she is always all fluffed up and sitting in her corner.

This morning I saw two HUGE pieces of poop stuck to her vent so i wetted a paper towel and gently wiped it off. Now her vent seems openish and all the feathers above her vent (the tummy area) seem all fluffed up. Whats Wrong. I tried to attatch a few pictures of the vent, but it says my file excedes the max file size.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemybirds View Post
    SO i recently learned what egg binding is. And i seems like my hen budgie is really egg binding. It explains why she is always all fluffed up and sitting in her corner.

This morning I saw two HUGE pieces of poop stuck to her vent so i wetted a paper towel and gently wiped it off. Now her vent seems openish and all the feathers above her vent (the tummy area) seem all fluffed up. Whats Wrong. I tried to attatch a few pictures of the vent, but it says my file excedes the max file size.
    if she is egg bound she needs urgent treatment,if she has sat in the corner for a few days it will not be egg binding but more likely a kidney disease.

Thread Information