Notices
Closed Thread

Thread: Need to know signs and treatment for respiratory problems in budgies

1. #1 Need to know signs and treatment for respiratory problems in budgies 
    Interested to know what are the signs which tells that our budgie is suffering with respiratory problems and what is the medication.

Thanks

Could some please respond...

Hi, one sign of respiritory problems can be the budgies tail bobbing up and down, tiny bobs but fast. This can be caused by airsac mites. Holding his/her beak open can be a sign also. If you can do it without stressing your budgie too much, hold him gently and place his chest right next to your ear. if you can hear rattling or a faint clicking sound, this can also be indicitive of airsac problems.
    Hope this helps!
    Annie
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

www.precious-wings.com

Thank you Chirpy. If budgie's both wings and tail is dropped means, what this sign indicates to?

Blog Entries
    Respiratory Diseases are classified as affected air sac,lungs and air passages.

Respiratory diseases are most common in juvenile and young adult birds.Birds that are stressed for whatever reason can be affected with respiratory distress.

Symptoms would include nasal discharge, sneezing, eye discharge, swelling below the eye and ruffled feathers.

Severe cases will show tail-bobbing, increased respiratory rate, and laboured breathing.

Further development may include serious air sac infections or pneumonia, and death

Several anbiotics / anti-fungals are being used to treat respiratory infections.

Thank you Barrie. Could you please list the drug name which is best to be used for treating this affected birds.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by karthik_s9 View Post
    Thank you Barrie. Could you please list the drug name which is best to be used for treating this affected birds.
    Several antbiotics / anti-fungals are being used to treat respiratory infections.

A vet would prescribe the one that suits the disease.

Cipro is an antibiotic that is used mostly for serious sinus and upper respiratory infections.

Thank you Barrie, but as you know problem is that here I don't find any good vet.

Whether Cipro is a brand/trade name of the antibiotics or the chemical/drug used in this antibiotic? If you could tell me the drug name used in it, then I can try to get some equivalent antibiotic here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by karthik_s9 View Post
    Thank you Barrie, but as you know problem is that here I don't find any good vet.

Whether Cipro is a brand/trade name of the antibiotics or the chemical/drug used in this antibiotic? If you could tell me the drug name used in it, then I can try to get some equivalent antibiotic here.
    THAT IS THE BRAND NAME I BELIEVE

If you are using, then could you please get me the drug name when you are free, sorry to trouble you. Thanks

Thread Information